The ViaMar Tanker Market Outlook is a comprehensive analysis that covers all ship sizes in this market and incorporates the effects of all relevant cargo types. It is updated four times each year, with a forecasting horizon of 3-4 years.
The analysis includes the following elements:
- Outlook for world economic growth and oil price development.
- Supply developments: estimated future crude and product tanker fleet developments, including scrapping, conversions and cancellations, deliveries and shipbuilding activity for crude and product vessels.
- Demand developments: estimated future seaborne trade of crude and oil products based on an in depth analysis of oil consumption, domestic production, stock changes, exports and total imports in the key importing regions.
- The tanker fleet utilization rate for the various main size segments. From the utilization rates we derive ViaMar’s forecasts for earnings for each of the standard ship types and sizes: VLCC, Suezmax, Aframax and MR.
- Based on the findings of the ViaMar Asset Market Outlook, which incorporates all shipping markets effects on the commonly shared newbuilding market, we also develop forecasts of newbuilding prices and secondhand values for the main tanker ship types and sizes (see also Shipvalues and Investments)
For more information about the ViaMar Tanker Market Outlook contact:
Thomas Zwick, Senior Shipping Economist
Reidar Sundvor, Managing Partner