The ViaMar Dry Bulk Market Outlook is a comprehensive analysis that covers all ship sizes in this market and incorporates the effects of all relevant cargo types. It is updated four times each year, with a forecasting horizon of 3-4 years.
The analysis includes the following elements:
- Outlook for world economic growth and oil price development.
- Supply developments: expected future fleet developments, including scrapping, slippage, cancellation, congestion, deliveries and shipbuilding activity for dry bulk vessels.
- Demand developments: expected future seaborne trade of iron ore, coal, steel products, grain, soybean, cement and other minor bulk commodities with focus on the world steel industry and China.
- The dry bulk fleet utilization rate for the various main size segments. From the utilization rates ViaMar’s forecasts for earnings are derived for each of the standard ship types and sizes: Capesize, Panamax, Supramax and Handysize.
- Based on the findings of the ViaMar Asset Market Outlook, which incorporates all shipping markets effect on the commonly shared newbuilding market, we also develop forecasts of newbuilding prices and secondhand values for the main dry bulk ship types and sizes (see also Shipvalues and Investments)
- Finally, the ViaMar Dynamic Ship Value Model is shown for standard container vessels to evaluate investment opportunities considering projected earnings and ship value developments.
For more information about the ViaMar Dry Bulk Market Outlook contact:
Ingrid Aas, Senior Shipping Economist